Frequently Asked Questions
How can I open a new account online?
Simple! Fill and submit the application form available on our website
How do I transfer from Barclays Bank Plc ?
It will be explained in your account welcome email
How soon will I be able to use my account after I've signed
Once we receive an acknowledgement from you
confirming the receipt of your password, your account will be activated.
What type of accounts can I open on Barclays Bank Plc
You can either open a Personal
Internet Banking account or a Corporate Internet Banking account.
Can I open a business account with Barclays Bank Plc
Yes, just signup for the corporate module of
Barclays Bank Plc
6. Am I eligible for a Barclays Bank Plc Account?
a good credit record
Is there a minimum balance to keep my account
8. How do I know my account
You Get it in your welcome
What happens if my Smartpay card doesn't arrive within 7 days
after I've requested for it?
an email to our customer service unit
What internet browser do I
need? The site is optimized with
Internet Explorer 4.0 or higher.
11. Is my computer suitable for accessing Barclays Bank Plc
The minimum system
requirement for optimal result is:
running at 100MHz, 32MB RAM, 33.3kB Modem.
What OS do I need to run a Barclays Bank Plc account from my computer?
Windows operating systems (Windows 95/98, Windows NT4.0, Windows
Top tips for safe banking
We work hard to keep you safe online and on your mobile but there are a
number of steps you can take for an extra layer of protection.
- Only use official Mobile Banking apps, eg Barclays Mobile
Banking and Barclays Pingit, and only download apps from an official
- Never log in to Online Banking through a link in an email.
Either type the address into your browser or use your bookmarks
- Create PINs or passwords that are hard to guess. For example,
the most secure passwords use a mix of letters, numbers and symbols.
Change your PIN or password immediately if you think someone may
have discovered it
- Don't give anyone your security details and never write them
down or store them on your mobile in a way that might be recognised
by someone else
- Never give your PIN, password, PINsentry codes or full security
details to anyone who calls you, and never reveal them in an email
or text message
- Be wary of opening attachments or links in emails or texts that
you weren’t expecting or are unsure about
- Banks will never call you and ask you to transfer money to a new
account, so ignore such calls. Ensure we have your latest mobile
number so we can contact you if we spot unusual or suspicious
activity on your account
- If your phone is lost or stolen, call us straight away so we can
disable your Mobile Banking apps as a precaution. For Barclays
Mobile Banking, call
+44 871 245 2135 and for Barclays Pingit,
+44 871 245 2135